Monday, December 22, 2008

I, Claudius, The Spirit, A Duck and Poisoned Mushrooms

Part 3 of The Neverending Story

And the duck (known as Mr. Falling Rocks Please Duck)
sat with the man (known as Dracul) on the sofa.

Dracul: You made quite the hit on the Larry
King Show.

Duck: Yes, Larry got an email from George Dubya
Bush after the show wondering which world leaders
I'd consider as idiots.

Dracul: Yes, I hear Bush has trouble recognizing himself
in a mirror.

Duck: I understand Dick Cheney sees himself as Darth Vader.

Dracul: Even though Cheney is not saintly enough to be Darth
Vader.

Duck: Indeed.

Dracul: I saw a trailer on YouTube for that new movie
The Spirit that's being released in movie theatres on
Christmas Day this year. I never read The Spirit comic
books as a kid. I mainly read Classics Illustrated comics
as well as Superman, Batman and Spiderman.
But I was quite startled when I saw the trailer for
The Spirit.

Duck: Why?

Dracul: Well in one trailer in particular when they started talking
about The Spirit, I was quite shocked from the description how
much the character of The Spirit reminded me of myself.

Duck: So I take it, you're probably going to
see the movie.

Dracul: Yes.

(Just then the housekeeper Mrs. Woodward entered the room)

Mrs. Woodward: Your supper, gentlemen.

(Mrs. Woodward handed Dracul a plate of mushrooms)

(Dracul was about to eat the mushrooms when the duck knocked
the plate out of his hand)

Duck: Don't eat that, Dracul. Those mushrooms are poisoned.
Dracul: How do you know?

Duck: I did a study of various poisons when I worked for
Britian's MI-6.

Dracul: Who gave you those mushrooms, Mrs. Woodward?

Mrs. Woodward: They were delivered by courier. The
return address was somewhere in India. I threw the
package out.

(The duck carefully stomped on all the mushrooms and then
picked them up and flushed them down the toilet)

Dracul: Just order a pizza from a pizza delivery place,
Mrs. Woodward.

Mrs. Woodward: Very good, sir.

(Dracul and the duck then sat down and watched on DVD an
episode of the award winning BBC television series I, Claudius.
In the episode despite the duck's warnings and incessant
quackings the Emperor Claudius ate some poisoned mushrooms
and keeled over)


The End.

No comments: