Saturday, July 23, 2011

Renfield's Joy Then Despair

"You look awfully happy again," Amadeus remarked to Renfield.

"That's because Norwegian police just hired me to do a freelance interrogation of the main suspect in yesterday's terror attack in Oslo and at some kids' summer camp," Renfield smiled, "this interrogation will offer me the chance to practice my Norwegian."

"But you don't speak Norwegian," Amadeus pointed out.

"That's why it will give me the chance to practice Norwegian," Renfield laughed.

Suddenly the phone rang.

Renfield picked it up.

Moments later, Renfield burst into tears.

"What's the matter?" Amadeus asked.

"Singer Amy Winehouse is dead at age 27," Renfield sobbed uncontrollably.

"Wow, I never thought I'd see you cry at the death of a fellow human being," Amadeus was flabbergasted at this show of compassion on Renfield's part.

"Normally I wouldn't," Renfield said between sobs and tears, "but just yesterday I placed a 2500 pound sterling bet with my bookie predicting that the age at which Amy Winehouse would die would be 28."

To be continued.

No comments: