Friday, August 9, 2013

Magog Meets Napoleon's Ghost

Since representatives of the Egyptian Army, interim government and Muslim Brotherhood all refused to meet Magog Rhys Petley, he decided to do the touristy thing and go see the Pyramids.




It was night time and the pyramids were illuminated by great searchlights.



Starlight appeared and a radio playing Nat King Cole singing Stardust could be heard in the distance.



There was a small cloud overhead and moonlight was breaking through the cloud.




Magog turned and saw a spectral figure resembling Napoleon Bonaparte.





"I am the ghost of Napoleon Bonaparte," the figure spoke.





"Of course you are," Magog sighed.




Gosh he was running into a lot of weird people this year.





"I was able to leave the Underworld of Hades because Cerberus abandoned his post for some reason, " Napoleon explained.




"Of course he did," Magog opened a bottle of Scotch whisky and started drinking from the bottle.





"As I was crossing the River Styx, the Greek Vampire Apollo appeared to me and said I was to give you advice on ruling the world,"  Napoleon pulled his hand out from under his jacket.




"Of course he did," Magog's eyes glazed  over into oblivion, "the Olympian's knowledge of history doesn't extend until the Battle of Waterloo in 1815?".





"His directive confused me too," Napoleon admitted, "especially since I drank a lot of water from the Underworld's River of Forgetfulness the  River Lethe and so subsequently my memory isn't what it used to be."




"No of course not, "  Magog finished the bottle of whisky and started to loudly sing,  "Some enchanted evening you will meet a stranger... a very special stranger..."


"So I've returned to Egypt to meet you since you were here," Napoleon reached his hand under his jacket again and pulled out a bottle of French brandy,  "plus it's also 215 years ago this month that I lost the Battle of the Nile to that little English pipsqueak Nelson so I've returned to this land of my first major defeat."




"That was August 1798 wasn't it?" Magog recalled his schoolboy history lessons.




"Maybe this will help restore my memory," Napoleon drank from the bottle of Brandy,  "the antidote to the waters of the River Lethe."





To be continued.





-A vampire novel chapter
written by Christopher
Friday August 9th
2013


No comments: