Wednesday, October 26, 2011

For Andrea CorvyusMorte: Requiem For A Poetess

Upon hearing of John Keats' death
Shelley wrote, "I weep for Adonais- he is dead"
on this rainy rainy night devoid of stars
I weep for Andrea- she is dead
Beautiful poetess, beautiful soul
I wish you were around still to tell you so.

You wrote from the heart
and what a beautiful heart it was
a heart that had been broken and felt pain
a heart that flowed with passion like dew and pouring rain
it can be truly said, this world won't see your like again.

You wrote real poetry in an age of text messages and mundane emails
you found kernels of buried truth under lies of hidden veils
your words burst with the range and gaunt of human emotions
but your own poor soul found no healing lotions.

O weep for Andrea- she is dead
now poetry has nowhere to lay its head
the finger no longer moves nor writes
and all your tears can no longer bring back the muse
that wrote of life and death and wine and song
where did this world go so terribly wrong?

Your words were finally drowned in a pool of despair
I wept tears for you in the pool downstair
now back in my room on this rainy rainy night
a pounding gloom devoid of light.

In my mind the voice of Josh Groban singing Vincent,

and when no hope was left in sight on that starry starry night
you took your life as lovers often do
but I could have told you Vincent
this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you

but I would change the lyrics of the song...

I would have changed the lyrics to something I should have done...

I would change the lyrics to...

I should have told you Andrea,
this world NEEDS someone as beautiful as you.
Photobucket

No comments: