Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stakes and Stilettos

"What are we doing standing on this beach in the middle of the pouring rain anyways?" Amadeus asked Renfield while he was busy licking a popsicle.

"Set Enterprises intercepted an email message to Dracul Van Helsing from what we thought was Gregorio Palamas' Yahoo account," Renfield explained, "only I just got a text message on my Blackberry saying that it turns out the email was sent from a public library in this town."

"Gregorio Palamas should use gmail instead of Yahoo," Amadeus carefully placed the popsicle wrapper into a garbage container on the beach, "they have a lot better built in security features. Less prone to hacking."

"So anyways since that message was not from Gregorio Palamas the President of the International Federation of Vampire Hunters," Renfield shivered in the cold wet drizzle, "in all probability what Dracul Van Helsing and Hyung Grace Kwan are doing in that lighthouse is of no concern to us."

"So we have no place in the lighthouses of the nation?" Amadeus paraphrased a well known Canadian Marxist, "Yet I imagine they're a lot warmer than we are." He was starting to feel the cold as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a fudgesicle.

Inside the lighthouse, Hyung Grace Kwan had tied up the brunette vampiress and was about to stake her.

"I think we should give the poor woman a chance and let her find out who she is before you bump her off," Dracul suggested.

"You've always had a soft heart when it comes to beautiful vampiresses," Hyung glared at Dracul, "in fact while you've killed tens of thousands of vampires, I don't think you've ever killed a beautiful vampiress have you?".

"No," Dracul agreed, "I've killed several ugly ones but never a beautiful vampiress."

"One thing before I stake you," Hyung looked down at the woman's stilettos, "I'm dying to know where you bought your shoes?".

"I can't remember," the vampiress said, "I must have bought them before I developed amnesia."

"All right," Hyung put the stake down, "we'll help you to find out who you are but only because I have to know where you bought your shoes so I can get myself a pair."


To be continued.

No comments: