Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nightclub Dionysus

Dracul Van Helsing managed to convince the vampiress with amnesia that no matter how good the commercials might say this particular brand of sunscreen is, going out in the daylight would probably still cause problems for vampiresses.

They waited until nightfall.

The vampiress with amnesia changed from her short denim mini skirt to a jade green evening dress with matching spiked stiletto high-heeled shoes.

Dracul suggested going down to the Nightclub Dionysus a new nightclub that had just opened which had an ancient Greek theme to it.

At the club entrance, they discovered the club's doorman was none other than Dracul's friend Harry Woo who was dressed up as the Greek god Dionysus.

"Very impressive laurel leaf on top of your bald head, Harry," Dracul remarked.

"Oh, very funny," Harry grimaced.

"Nice toga," the vampiress with amnesia said.

"Thanks," Harry said, "Say, any of you know what the word orgy means?".

"Well Hyung Grace Kwan and this lovely woman here and I had one a few weeks ago," Dracul answered.

"Some girl told me that I was the Greek god of orgies," Harry explained, "but I have no idea what an orgy is."

"What are you doing after work?" a goth girl in a leather mini skirt asked Harry, "I'll be glad to show you."

"My Chinese mom doesn't like me staying out late," Harry replied.

Dracul and the vampiress with amnesia entered the club.

"You know," Dracul said, "we really should think up a name for you. It seems so impersonal to call you 'Vampiress with amnesia'."

"Martini?" a young brunette girl dressed in a mini toga came around carrying a tray of martinis.

"Yes, thank you," the brunette vampiress with amnesia picked up a glass.

Dracul helped himself to one as well.

"Martini," the vampiress said, "that sounds like such a lovely name. And it's Italian as well. And don't you figure my background is Italian. So why not call me Martini until we find out my real name."

And so Dracul and the newly christened vampiress Martini danced the night away down at the Nightclub Dionysus.

When the vampiress carried Dracul through the apartment door just before sunrise, the phone rang.

The vampiress Martini picked it up.

It was South Korean vampire huntress Hyung Grace Kwan on the other end of the line, "Can I speak to Dracul please?"

"I'm sorry but he's dead drunk," Martini answered.

"Drunk?" Hyung sounded shocked, "but Dracul doesn't usually drink very much."

"Well we spent the night at a nightclub where I chose a new name for myself," the vampiress with amnesia explained,
"and I chose the name Martini. And every time Dracul called my name tonight, the cocktail waitress came over and brought him a new drink."

To be continued.

No comments: