Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Immortal In The Eternal City

Rome, 1963.

The figure had been seen driving his red Ferrari sports car around Rome for months and months.

As night fell, the red Ferrari pulled up outside the Bernini Hotel on the Plazza Barberini at the foot of the Via Veneto.

"Herr Hans," a woman in a scarlet evening dress that matched the colour of the red Ferrari spoke to the driver.

The driver took off his glasses and gazed at her, "Do I know you?".

"The name is Isis," the woman smiled and huge fang like incisors could be seen.

"Like the Egyptian goddess," said the driver.

"Would you believe me if I told you I am the Egyptian goddess Isis?" she approached him.

"Actually I would," he answered.

"Herr Hans, you've been worshipping me a long time," Isis kissed him on his forehead, "I've read your work. And I have a job for you. A job that will last your lifetime."

* * *

Rome, 2010.

Dracul Van Helsing stood next to the Fountain of Trevi.

He was waiting for his associate the vampire huntress Hyung Grace Kwan.

As evening twilight fell on Rome, he felt someone's gaze on him.

He turned away from the Fountain.

There standing in front of a red Ferrari sports car was a distinguished gray haired looking gentleman.

Dracul thought he recognized him. The face looked so familiar. Television perhaps?

The man got into the red Ferrari and drove off.

An elderly gentleman stopped by the fountain and gazed in the direction of the speeding red Ferrari.

"I remember a Ferrari exactly like that," the gentleman told Dracul, "you'd often see it speeding around the streets of Rome. My gosh so long ago. But I remember it well. The Second Vatican Council was starting to enter its second year."

To be continued.

No comments: