Wednesday, July 7, 2010

World Cup Spain vs. Germany

This is another chapter in my vampire novel:



Hyung Grace Kwan had phoned Dracul Van Helsing on the cell phone.

"So Spain beat Germany 1-0?" Hyung laughed, "I noticed before the game that Mr. Bean himself Rowan Atkinson was throwing salt all over the stadium field. Did that have anything to do with Germany's loss?".

"I'm not sure," Dracul smiled, "I asked Rowan to do that because it was blessed salt- blessed by a priest. The witch doctor Sterling Makabo was hoping to raise zombies from underneath the stadium field. And of course zombies don't rise when sprinkled with blessed salt."

"I heard also Renfield was supposed to send in holographic images of Voldemort's Death Eaters on to the field," Hyung said, "how did that go?".

"Someone intercepted his satellite signal," Dracul noted, "and a few holographic images of Charlie Chaplin did show up at half-time much to Renfield's dismay."



* * *

Meanwhile in a restaurant not far from Durban Stadium.

"I'll have fries please," Sterling Makabo ordered, "and please no salt."

"I never did like Charlie Chaplin movies," Renfield added some sweet and sour sauce to his tuna fish sandwich.

"In honour of Spain's win today, I'll have some enchiladas," Amadeus smiled.



To be continued.

No comments: