Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Rahu Thaws Out

"What are you reading?" Renfield R. Renfield asked Amadeus.

"It's a new short story about King Arthur written by Christopher Dracul Van Helsing," Amadeus replied.

"I'm sure the boss really appreciates the fact that you're reading short stories written by one of his enemies," Renfield growled.

"Do you really think so?" Amadeus asked.

"I'm being sarcastic," Renfield replied, "anyhow the good news is that I've just received a call from Set Laboratories. The demon Rahu has apparently thawed out.
So I thought we'd go see him."

* * *

Inside the glass enclosure in the lab, the demon Rahu was in much pain.

The feeling was returning to his body.

And the feeling was about as agonizing as the feeling he felt when being frozen in New York City's Central Park.

The feeling of pain wasn't being helped by the CD that was being played over the laboratory's intercom system.

The artist on the CD was Renfield R. Renfield himself and the song was his own version of Love Is All Around from the movie Four Weddings and A Funeral or the more recent Christmas Is All Around from the movie Love Actually:

I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes
frostbite is all around me
and so the feeling grows...

To be continued.

No comments: